Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Some Nice News


I had been antsy all morning. Haim went off for a job interview and I had a phone interview as a freelance student evaluator. The interviewer had apparently forgotten the appointment, but I did not. Like a good student, I sat with my recommendations, interview tips, questions ... and no interview..

After receiving an email of apology, I still don't know if there is another schedule.


I hate not knowing where I stand.


So I tried amidst WIFI issues (or lack thereof) to focus on the 'here and now' - or in simple terms, my writing since that is what grounds me and gives me precedence for my day.


However, I couldn't stand the temptation.. Did my dear Haim get the job? I don't like to speak superstitiously of things that have not yet happened (or will happen) but...


Finally, three hours later after his interview time, he told me he had been offered the job. I hope it works out for him - working as a manager of Shadyside's Giant Eagle of the kosher deli department. It's better than working as a security guard; it can open doors for future positions as a buyer or purchaser in the food industry, which is what he wants.


Ah, now I/we can relax a bit and not worry about jobs. It's certainly a load off our minds. After all this time, we might be in a better position after all. Most of all, I'm happy for him. Wish him luck!


Thank you for reading this.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Wonderful, and it's indoor work. I also identify with your frustration about being left in the dark by the interviewer. Hoping something else will come along and you can fire that interviewer.

Pieces of Me said...

Thank you Deb.
I really appreciate your comment.

chelle said...

We are waiting to hear back from a possible job that will take us back to our country rather than being in a foreign country! I AM ON THE EGDE OF MY SEAT. and we may have to wait another two weeks! GASP!

So I can relate. Waiting is hard.

I always have to have photos in my home.