Sunday, September 16, 2007

Feeling A Bit Better



I was able to go down to the basement and do a load of laundry. I am always relieved to do laundry; it's a 'load' off my mind. I'm glad the stability ligaments of my left foot are slowly healing. Just a few days ago, I could hardly stand on it and the feeling somehow got me warped in a panic, the kind that instantly kicks off all sorts of unhappy thoughts... would I stay like this forever?


I got there before the dryer finished its cycle. It's not often I stand out waiting it out. Again another series of mundane thoughts: here's one for you - why are basements always painted grey? I never could quite understand...


On the way back up, I could feel myself putting effort in my steps, as the steps were quite steep but I was grateful to know my clothes had dried and my boys hadn't yet come home leaving me extra computer time.


I love quiet Sunday afternoons such as these. sometimes they can be too quiet and then I have trouble finding something that reminds me of childhood.

What part of Sundays do you like?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to have trouble liking Sundays because they were too quiet.

Now, I am finding more and more ways to embrace it.

Thanks for your kind words at my blog.

I hope your week goes well. (There is yet another new one upon us!)

:)

truly,

Sylvia C.

chelle said...

It is amazing how the most boring chore is something to celebrate when at one point you are unable to do it.

I miss walking so much!

I am glad you healing! So glad you found me :)

Scribbit said...

I tried painting our garage grey but when I was finished I realized in the light that it was really purple. Threw my husband off :)