Saturday, November 24, 2007

My First Video

I finally realized that there was a video function on our digital camera ... hello??

We are in NYC for an extended Thanksgiving holiday. It is in my mom's Greenwich Village apartment I learned the video function on our digital camera. I am so lame. I guess we all come full circle. Eventually.

This first memorable video is of my husband and my mom dancing to Cole Porter's "I Love Paris." Ella Fitzgerald's voice is just stunning and to embelish the blues, is the ensuing dialogue between Haim and my mom, and then there's little old me waving in the background waving copiously. How silly can one thirty seven year old get?

My mom has Alzheimer's and tonight, she became my mommy again for a brief while. Music is an amazing spiritual healer. Her face lit up like the Christmas tree I saw earlier this evening in Bryant Park. Wow.

1 comment:

Robin said...

That's beautiful Dorit. I'm glad that you had that moment, and that you were able to preserve it. It's so amazing how music can sometimes find its way through the veil to reach someone who is slipping away.