Sunday, November 4, 2007

Birthday Wishes - A Very late Thursday Thirteen


Pre-Halloween Reading
Hey, where's my mommy?

It's cool being King!








I'm tired from trick or treating.









Who says Thursday Thirteen can't be a Sunday Thirteen? I have been hibernatin' again, this time beneath the sodden last few unpacked boxes of stuff...like finding the story I have been needing to write or to claim the words and choose them wisely.

Crossing oceans is like making sense of the water, the waves and ... the words that I write. Behind words of course, are thoughts and bundles beneath them are habits stringed through many many years.

I think rushed, try to write in between dishes, laundry, clutter. I need my peace, quiet, sanity. I want to devote myself utterly to this writing project; it symbolizes all that I have become and all I want to be.

My birthday comes on November 10th - a Saturday. I will make a cake from the mix we received from the Squirrel Hill Food Pantry. I have a few birthday wishes I would like to make for myself and my family in order to beat the clock. :)

1. To live a sense of fulness, harmony and balance.
2. To see the bigger vision of writing, not just writing for the day.
3. To have the vision to break certain habits of thought like impulsiveness which seep into my writing, synchronicities of the moments, relationships.
4. To get a contract with a publisher for the book project I am currently writing for my sabbatical.
5. To be able to claim my writing in both its form, art and money. Sticking to a plan of what to write is better than not.
6. To claim my spirituality - practice it gratefully, open to it indulgently.
7. To be a full mommy. Ivry is a very special little boy and he is growing so beautifully.
8. To make more women friends.
9. To develop more of my passions that I have left on the shelf since early adulthood.
10. To hopefully become a better blogger.
11. To enjoy the writing of my sabbatical and enjoy the writing process rather than finding the answers
12. I wish for an career path that will bring me together with the values, goals, ambitions that I am looking for.
13. To live less a life of 'ifs' and more a life of 'here and now' and 'yes!"

Bonus: To always live a life less full than planned {and learn how to catch the moment} so as to leave room for the journey to completeness. (a cup half empty is better than cup that is too full)

Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Excellent goals. Happy birthday my friend.

Batya said...

What a beautiful post and adorable child.