Saturday, October 6, 2007

A Special Moment



Anybody who knows my Ivry, knows how verbal and loving he can be. Ivry isn't really such a newcomer as us and he has adapted after all, to the JCC, Davis Park across from us, the synagogue and Chabad, the bagels we buy - everything. He has a phenomenal memory and doesn't miss a thing.


Today, after participating in a short storyhour at the Squirrel Hill family hour, Ivry met up with Adi. The hug he gave that little boy quickly made me feel at ease; it's different here in Amerca. Truthfully, I don't care if another little boy we don't know hugs Ivry. My feeling is that we don't need to establish invisible physical boundaries so early in a child's life.

2 comments:

Deb said...

So sweet. Libraries are so much more flexible than when I was a little girl. I loved to go but you had to be quieter than at church.

Now there are story hours, and bedtime story nights, and after hours sleepovers. sheesh.

k said...

i love that kids are instant best friends when they meet!