Saturday, October 6, 2007

Some Updates and Thoughts


Haim returned today from his first day of work. I never thought I would cry so after hearing his first day consisting of cutting vegetables, fish (which he abhors with a passion) aside from giving advice to older diabetics not to eat Halva. I'm crying *NOT* because of his intolerance to fish or standing on his feet all day, but for all that we have done from applying for a greencard to the preplanning before, to walking along the broken sidewalks to find our way around Pittsburgh and saving myself for sake and thought of a broken ankle. (thank god it's just a sprain, just painful at times and annoying to wobble on from time to time especially uphill.)


We are your typical immigrants living out the American dream, just what Hollywood ordered and what Amy Tan writes about. Welcome to America.And I know that he will still to continue to cut fish for the next thirty days for the passion, the dream, the hope and the vision of trying to make it in a country that isn't his.


The family therapist says I have cultural disorder and for the most part, I feel it has subsided a bit with time. But I am so happy when an old friend reminds me of high school moments and I remember I have a past here. Mommyhood and New immigrant syndrome can't take those precious memories away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish you a smooth and fast transition! Are you in the States to stay?