Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen




Thirteen Good and Important Things that Happened this Week ....


1. I am making deliberate daily progress with the book project. I don't compromise writing daily, and I don't give up even though during the last few weeks I almost felt I wanted to.


2. I am revising a PB "To the Right of the Bridge" and I finally got a chance to revise it and read it aloud to my writing group.


3. I am finding time to be more social ... mainly virtually but hopefully also offline as well.


4. Isn't it time to start becoming more conscious of your goals? I'm finding it hard to visualize mine so I am working on first visualizing myself producing a list which hopefully will help me start somewhere.


5. Ivry had a beautiful Chanukah party at the JCC. The cards I prepared were lovely. I'm glad I found the right words to top off the Chanukah moment - hello Hallmark! I've posted a short video of it and a few pictures to go along.


6. I got an email today inquiring if I was interested in a part-time teaching job at Point Park University.


7. Haim and I are spending more quality time together. He really gives me the support and piece of mind I need in order to write.


8. I am becoming more conscious of how I sit, use my body especially in long sitting positions. Hello again to Yoga.


9. My old high school friend gave birth to a baby girl. I'm looking forward to pictures.


10. Haim's employers are happy with his work.


11. I am visiting and leaving comments on some really nice blogs. There are a lot of talented writers out there.


12. I am finding realizing that it pays to become part of a community of children's writers. I wish I had enough funds for a SCWBI membership... *sigh* maybe next year.


13. I try to do something good for somebody.. whether it's giving flowers, sending an e-card, complimenting the librarian for her fine work or my mother's home attendant.


Bonus: Ivry just loves the stories I brought him from the library. My latest childhood favorite is Caps for Sale.


What good things happened (or are happening) to you this week?


Have a good TT!


2 comments:

Robin said...

What a lovely looking Hannukah party. Are those kids all in daycare at the JCC?

And we love Caps for Sale here too.

Scribbit said...

I love Caps for Sale too--we always do the "ch ch ch ch ch" sound along with the monkeys.