Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Things That Keep Me Going

Okay, okay - I'm way way behind on posting this and didn't think I would post, if at all today. But there is a need to be social...

1. Anne Lammot is coming to Pittsburgh! On Saturday! I need somebody to help me learn how to speak the faith language. Is it - 1800-faith-ful?

2. My Book . Shh, don't talk about it too much but, I think I am going to be able to email my editor the book proposal and the two samples chapters... dare I say, tomorrow!!, which is the culprit reason for slaving these past six months, hiding behind stacks in the research library, forgetting I'm a mom, working into the night taking it 'bird by bird'. I will ring out the the red carpet once I know it's been emailed, but for now I am praying these two editors will return my queries. *but I'm still checking my email at least three times an hour - god help me*

3. The need to be more patient. It comes with no surprise that I am not a patient person. So I am learning.

4. The weekend, or what's really left of it. Sometimes there is one, right now I feel there isn't.

5. Time to catch up with friends/brother (San Diego) on the weekend. I have an old childhood friend who I adore. She lives in new Mexico. We're to speak this weekend.

6. Time to write Children's fiction. I have a chapter book in progress.

7. Just plain Internet surfing and blogging, without being distracted all the time.

8. Peace and Quiet.

9. Looking forward to a new day and all its possibilities (i.e. looking for freelance work, networking, reading and writing something new)

10. The priceless feeling of living in gratefulness. I try to keep Shabbat cozy and low-key, but I become selfish again very soon, and want to go back to my writing. Oh, what can I do? I told you I was nerdy.

11. A sunny sunny day. What I would do for a sunny day in Pittsburgh - for ten days it's been cloudy, rainy, snowy, hazy, flurry,... everything but bloody sunny. I miss my Israeli climate. Yikes!

12. A trip to the Internet cafe... Here, get the irony of this... there are three just a few blocks away but I cannot seem to focus there.. too much incessant talking in invariably half a dozen languages... so it's just another escape route. I rarely get stuff done.

13. Quality time with my son. Hopefully, he'll know he's the icing on my cake even with all the doubt and uncertainty and fear that are popping up all the time in my life.

14. (Bonus) - my writing group! *waving hands* They rock!

Happy Thirteen - y'all!

4 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Nope, I don't *think* you've seen my bands around town. They're not real, after all.

Although, who knows where inspiration comes from?

As to the cloudy days... welcome to Pittsburgh. When I was in grad school, it was so sunny that I would get grumpy and wish for clouds.

Yes, we ought to get together. The problem is where and how. I am SWAMPED, and that's being nice.

Deb said...

Wonderful to hear the book is progressing. Will you get to see or hear Anne?

Robin said...

That's great that the book is coming along.

Too bad I can't send you and Susan some sunshine. After a rainy beginning of the week it turned warm and sunny and gorgeous here, reminding everyone that winter will in fact be ending soon. (Not soon enough for me, enough. Bleck.)

Pieces of Me said...

Ladies... Thanks for stopping by!

Susan -

At least we have time to blog. Although it would be nice to chat and go out for coffee. This dreadful weather is really depressing.

Deb -

I bought tickets for Saturday and I've got a babysitter bocked. Nothing keeping me in the house from hearing Anne speak.

Robin -

Please send me some sunshine, and fast. It's dreadful. The ongoing snowy days are not a Walt Disney special anymore. Help!